This is the second in a series of three courses and covers the following
- How to put up a rope swing quickly, safely and effectively without having to climb a tree.
- Different types of ropes and their uses
- Useful knots for tying rope to almost anything
- Shelter designs using tarpaulins
- Ways to hang a large tarpaulin for shelter – and do it quickly!
- Lashings for joining wood together and making structures including tripods
- Methods for tensioning ropes
- Building a tensioned rope bridge between trees.
Rope Swing kits and Rope Bridge kits will be available to use and/or purchase by those who attend the workshop.
Who it's for
Forest School leaders, teachers and outdoor enthusiasts
The cost will be £70 per person for Forest School Association members (£80 for non members). A light lunch cooked on the fire is included and hot drinks will be available throughout the day. If you book more than one course you will get a £5 reduction on the second and a £10 reduction on the third
Layer de la Haye. Colchester
Interested? Scheduled dates:
Thu 09 Jul
For more information, or to request another date, email James:
When booking has been made you will be sent a suggested kit list, and details of exact location.