Making fire is a very rewarding, useful and exciting skill that all children should be able to learn and enjoy.
This is a full day course covering the following.
- How to find and/or prepare wood for different situations and environments
- How to cope in wet and/or windy weather
- Different ways to start a fire including spark tools, flint and steel, the sun.
- Making char cloth to take away with you
- Tinder types – making and finding different types
- Different ways to build a fire for different purposes
- Staying safe
- This day will also include bread making using a tried and tested recipe for sweet cinnamon bread
Spark tools and tinder sets will be available to use and/or purchase
Who it's for
Forest School leaders, Teachers and outdoor enthusiasts
Layer de la Haye. Colchester
Interested? Scheduled dates:
Tue 23 Jun - Tue 23 Jun
For more information, or to request another date, email James:
When booking has been made you will be sent a suggested kit list, and details of exact location.